The Graham Farish N gauge Class 37 is one of the most popular models, with no less than 8 models in the current catalogue to chose from. The impressive shape and attention to detail distinguishes between the individual types in the range. Both centre and split headcode variants are available in pristine finish complete with cowling around the buffebeam, or in post 1980’s form with the cowling cut away.
Graham Farish’s Class 37 range also now includes refurbished Class 37/4 and 37/5 models which were added to the range in 2012 to replace now outdated models.
The entire range has incredibly impressive looks and detail to say the least, with very accurately applied liveries topping off these excellent models.
Performance wise the Farish 37’s are very smooth on the track with all-axle pickups driving the powerful drive system, and the substantially heavy chassis results in reliable running with plenty of power for hauling long trains around your layout.
Directional LED Headcodes and tail lights add a touch of interest and realism to the Class 37, with NEM couplings, six-pin DCC socket and separately applied wire handrails working together to make this a great value model. The only downside is the coupling pockets are a little on the prominent side for our liking.
The range of liveries available are exceptionally well executed, with all lettering a detailing begin legible and the 8 liveries available cover 6 decades of service from BR Green to Network Rail yellow.
Features & Specification
- Scale: N Gauge
- Locomotive No’s: D6700-D6999, D6600-08 / 37001-308, 37401-431, 37501-521 / 667-699
- Period: 1960’s onwards
- Region: All
- Body: Plastic
- Chassis: Metal with plastic components
- Weight: 93g
- Length: 125mm
- Height: 26.6mm
- Width: 18.4mm#
- Wheel diameter: 7.4mm
- Bogie Wheelbase: 27.6mm
- DCC Ready: Yes – 6 Pin socket
- Recommended Decoders: Bachmann 36-558 / Lenz Silver Mini / Gaugemaster DCC23
- Lights: Directional LED
- RRP £99.95, Second hand £60.00
- Currently Available Models:
- 371-165 Class 37/4 37407 ‘Loch Long’ BR Blue Large Logo
- 371-166 Class 37/4 37406 ‘The Saltire Society’ Railfreight Distribution Sector
- 371-167 Class 37/5 37514 Railfreight Metal Sector
- 371-168 Class 37/5 37506 Railfreight Red Stripe
- 371-169 Class 37/4 37409 DRS
- 371-454 Class 37 D6827 BR Green Centre Headcode Weathered – Coming Soon
- 371-455 Class 37 37251 BR Blue Weathered – Coming Soon
- 371-456 Class 37/0 37133 BR Grey & Yellow (Dutch) – Coming Soon
Models For Sale On Ebay Right Now
Value For Money
An excellent model from Farish. An essential loco for every diesel era N scale modeller.